
entry of your choice
In this entry, I want to be talking about something I connected with or realized that was important. I want to talk about how temper can get at us. There were two scenes in the story where Montag lost his temper and did things he never would have done in normal circumstances. The first one was when two friends of Mildred came over to their house. The three women were talking about life. One of them, Mrs. Phelps, was talking about how her husband went to war and she didn’t really care. Another, Mrs. Bowles, was talking about her children as if they were things and it didn’t matter to her. Montag, hearing this, was outraged. He couldn’t stand anymore hearing nonsense. His temper took over him and he did something he could never turn back. He read a poem to them. This got him into trouble and he had to come burn his own house and books. The second place where Montag’s temper took over him was when he was about to get arrested. Beatty was getting on Montag and he couldn’t stand it anymore. He lost his temper and murdered Beatty with the flame thrower. Again, Montag was in trouble. Now he had to run away from the hound that was searching for him. He was on the run.
Like this, Montag’s temper got him into a lot of trouble. I think it’s very important to keep you temper. A lot of people make mistakes when they can’t control their temper and explode. I, sometimes, can’t keep my temper and do things that I regret. I think the author is trying to tell us how important temper can do to your heart and mind. When reading these two parts, I was mostly on my toes. I was repeating to myself, “Montag don’t do it. Please, don’t do it.” But he spilled the beans and could not turn back. That’s why I wanted to mention this in my blog, so that those of you reading this may realize how important it is to keep calm and look at the situation in a different way.
In this entry, I want to be talking about something I connected with or realized that was important. I want to talk about how temper can get at us. There were two scenes in the story where Montag lost his temper and did things he never would have done in normal circumstances. The first one was when two friends of Mildred came over to their house. The three women were talking about life. One of them, Mrs. Phelps, was talking about how her husband went to war and she didn’t really care. Another, Mrs. Bowles, was talking about her children as if they were things and it didn’t matter to her. Montag, hearing this, was outraged. He couldn’t stand anymore hearing nonsense. His temper took over him and he did something he could never turn back. He read a poem to them. This got him into trouble and he had to come burn his own house and books. The second place where Montag’s temper took over him was when he was about to get arrested. Beatty was getting on Montag and he couldn’t stand it anymore. He lost his temper and murdered Beatty with the flame thrower. Again, Montag was in trouble. Now he had to run away from the hound that was searching for him. He was on the run.
Like this, Montag’s temper got him into a lot of trouble. I think it’s very important to keep you temper. A lot of people make mistakes when they can’t control their temper and explode. I, sometimes, can’t keep my temper and do things that I regret. I think the author is trying to tell us how important temper can do to your heart and mind. When reading these two parts, I was mostly on my toes. I was repeating to myself, “Montag don’t do it. Please, don’t do it.” But he spilled the beans and could not turn back. That’s why I wanted to mention this in my blog, so that those of you reading this may realize how important it is to keep calm and look at the situation in a different way.
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
I agree that keeping your temper is very important and that not doing so can lead to serious consequences that you will probably later regret. However, i do think that they effect your heart and mind. I don't think it has the time to. Usually, like you said, it just explodes, and before thinking about it or feeling something, action comes first. Then, we think, and regret. =] Temper is also like fire isnt' it? If not controlled, it can be dangerous. :)
I've done many things in my life that I regret that I did simply out of anger, though it's probably difficult to imagine me angry, right? Anyway, you've presented yourself EXCELLENTLY on one of life's greatest morals. If nobody acted out of anger, we would probably not have war in our world. In the past, yeah, for they did not attack out of anger, but for the land. But nwadays, most wars going on are because A is unfairly treating or does something to B, which makes B mad enough to attack A, and A and B are in a war with each other, fighting to the death. How pointless. Why not peace? Then everyone wins. How about not acting out of anger. Then everyone wins.
-Tanner-
Post a Comment